How to convert AVI to MPEG
Audio Video Interleave (also Audio Video Interleaved), known by its acronym AVI, is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows technology. AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback. Like the DVD video format, AVI files support multiple streaming audio and video, although these features are seldom used. Most AVI files also use the file format extensions developed by the Matrox OpenDML group in February 1996. These files are supported by Microsoft, and are unofficially called "AVI 2.0".(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
MPEG stands for the Motion Picture Experts Group, part of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), charged with creating and publishing standards for various areas of technology, respectively. MPEG standards address audio and video formats used online, in television broadcasts, and in DVD media.
BlazeVideo Video Magic, a professional Video Converter, helps you convert AVI to MPEG, convert almost all popular video to .MP4, .3GP, .ASF, .AVI, HD(.AVI, .MP4, .MPG) video. Video Magic supports various mobile devices such as iPod, iPad, iPhone, PSP, BlackBerry etc.. AVI to MPEG conversion steps are very clear.
- Load your AVI source files by clicking "Add File(s)". Batch conversions are allowed!
2. Choose output profile by clicking "Profile" drop-down list, according to your need and mobile device. Here takes "Profile-HD Video-MPG" for example.
3. You can reset the output folder for saving the converted files by clicking "Output-Browse".
4. You can customize files by clicking "Edit" and "Setting". The edit tools include clip, crop, watermark, subtitle, merge, slideshow. Setting allows you to reset video and audio's output parameters such as bitrates, video size, frame rate, sample rate.
5. Click "Start" to convert. After seconds you would get the tailored MPEG video.